This shows the healing power Virtual Worlds can have. Virtual worlds have had a lot of bad press in the past but last years more and more positive examples emerges. This is how Miso wants to show a way to deal with the darkness using virtual art as a tool:
“The story behind my sculpture ‘Big Winter’ – this piece (and film) are about clinical depression and an escape from it into the life forces of artwork.” ~ Miso Susanowa
Other examples from people who have found a way to heal in virtual worlds:
Time for a Strawberry Singh blog meme again; The winter season challenge.
Meme Instructions: Take a wintery picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
1. What is the December/Winter season like where you live? – As I live in Sweden it is extremely snowy and COLD. Ice bears roams the streets so we use bandwagons instead of cars to be safe.
2. When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? – Cold fingers
3. Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? – Never, i dont have a deathwish
4. What do you like most about this season? – Days when everything is covered in white snow, large snowflakes are falling and sun is shining is among the most beautyful views i can think of.
5. Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? – I celebrate Christmas with an endless hunt for christmas gifts to my kids who gets more and more picky the older they get <3 So that is what my picture illustrates – my christmas panic anxiety :D
Skin: Sven Idyll
Shape: My own
Hair: TRUTH HAIR by Truth Hawks www.truth-hawks.com
Shirt: AdamnEve Core (library)
Jacket: Gizza, Cotton Jacket
Pants: Gizza – low rise skinny jeans
shoes: [ e l i k a t i r a ] www.elikatira.com
Christmas presents: Linha Warm Christmas CHEZ MOI
Snowman: Sashas Furniture and Hjem design https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/73430
Strawberry Singh Blog meme:
No one has ever become poor by giving ~ Anne Franks Diary
That is something to think about these days when death toll is 3,621. Missing 25,000. 900,000 displaced in the Philippines after the storm . Thanks for the heads up Cao. I follow your steps and I hope a lot of people will do that:
Read on – Not for ourselves we are born: http://anchailinalainn.com/2013/11/15/not-for-ourselves-are-we-born-cicero/
Second Life donation shirt: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zenshi%20South/18/60/21
I have this poster above my desk at my real life work place. I got it from a colleague and I try to live up to it. Normally I dislike inspirational quotes, but this is the exception.
From Wikipedia: Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 several months before the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the aftermath of widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.