I had a conversation with a friend while I was grid jumping some (several…) weeks ago. Maybee not all ppl know that we can talk to friends in other grids while grid jumping.
And if you have an account in OSgrid you can sometimes even get a home in some of the smaller grids keeping your avie and inventory from Osgrid. So I had just jumped from OsGrid to Metropolis when I got this Im from a friend who lives in yet another world (lets call it Xgrid):
(my friend wanted to be anonymous in this conversation).
– Friend: Hello! Turns out your name is lit up on my Friends list in “Xgrid”. Does that mean you are here? Or you are somewhere else?
– Mera.Kranfel: Im in Metropolis
– Friend: so which account are you using right now?
– Mera.Kranfel: OsGrid
– Friend: let me log my OSgrid account on
“Friend” is Online
– Mera Kranfel: Hi
– Friend: Hello!
– Mera Kranfel: so I have 2 “Mr Friend” now :D
– Friend: Think of the possibilities!
– Mera Kranfel: :}
– Friend: yeah, well you can tell that other “Friend” – i know what he’s saying about me behind my back
– Mera.Kranfel: so u are listening in on us? D:
– Friend: well..it wasn’t intentional
– Mera.Kranfel: stalking yourself? uh huuu
– Friend: sorry, lol
– Mera.Kranfel: that Is creepy indeed
– Friend: it’s very weird, lol
– Friend: i’m trying to think of what it compares to…but i can’t, lol
– Mera.Kranfel: u just invented it
– Friend: Dueling “Friend” or Stereo “Friend”
– Mera.Kranfel: u make me totally confused man :)))
– Friend: and you thought one of me was a handful :)
– Mera.Kranfel: this is how you get the ladies on their back? bah
– Mera.Kranfel: spin them around til they are totally confused
– Friend: actually i never tried it this way before
– Mera.Kranfel: hahaahah
– Mera.Kranfel: so im the first victim, what an honour
– Friend: i’m going to log this account out before other people start IMing me…cuz I’m supposed to be on XX grid,
– Friend: and i’m confusing myself now
– Mera.Kranfel: ya u do that *spanks “Friend”*
Pic: my home, obviously, but in which grid? :}
I built this house in Second Life spring 2009. It was the first house i ever built after my rezz in october 2008 and I made it simple. But it was still a struggle for a newbie like me! Eventually i got it finished. Since then I have built a lot of houses but this is the house i prefer myself. I always rezz it when I get a new home. Somehow it makes me feel safe. I guess it’s because I see something familiar when i look at it..
I have imported the house to inWorldz, Kitely and OsGrid but not yet Cloud Party as they require mesh and I havent converted it yet. The picture above is from my home in OsGrid.
The first grid I imported it to, from Second Life, was inWorldz. Inwordz is my main home where I feel totally safe among my friends ♥
The picture above is from inWorldz october 2013 but i imported the cabin as early as 2010-2011 first time. After that I have modified it slightly and you can find it in different colours. If you want a copy just holler and i send u 1 :):)
The last picture is from Kitely:
What makes you feel at home? Is it the same kind of feeling in the virtual as in the real world? Most of us need a home or a safe place in all words. And we have a right to protect our privacy. That is why we react so strong when people violate that right and intrude upon us.
In real life the police helps us to protect ourselves but i virtual worlds we only have ToS and the grid managers to rely on. That is why it is so important for a grid/virtual world, to have resources to handle these kind of intrusions in peoples private lifes. If they prove they can handle it, people will feel secure and the world will get a chance to flourish.
The long and winding road led me to him. Pathfinder aka John Lester *_* My heroe in Virtual worlds and founder of The Hypergrid Adventurers Club. An idol for a grid hopper like me :O)
Pathfinder is a former Second Life employee and icon: “From 2005-2010, John worked at Linden Lab, the creators of Second Life. At Linden Lab he led the development of the education and healthcare markets while evangelizing the innovative use of virtual worlds in research, training and distance education.” Read more: http://about.me/pathfinder
But now he has his own grid Pathlandia and I visited it the other day, jumping from OsGrid, and had a nice chat with John at his cosy campfire. The region is full of nice freebies and I got a box full of wonderful mesh flowers. Thanks John for your warm welcome and I will certainly try to attend next Hypergid adventure <3
If you want to visit Pathlandia (of course you do!) HG adress is: pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000:Pathlandia
Follow his blog if you are (or want to be) cunning and full of tricks: http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/
The Long and Winding Road to John from Mera, his most persistent stalker:
“The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear
I’ve seen that road before it always leads me here
Leads me to your door”